Tuesday, May 08, 2007

School is Cool........



Well I know I said I wasn't going to neglect our blog and I guess I have done just that. But I do have a pretty good excuse. My eldest has just started school and I am an emotional wreck. I know it happens to all mothers but this is a first for me. He has been ready for quite some time to start school and I kept pushing it to the back of my mind and keeping myself distracted with party arrangements and getting him ready for school that the reality of it only hit when he went into the class room. His teacher is lovely and he has a couple of friends from daycare in his class so that makes things alittle easier for him. He tells me he had an awesome day and blew me away when he read his first book to me without any help. So I know it will get easier and I am really looking forward to seeing him grow and expand on his learning. It's just that he's my baby and you want to protect them and look after them and it's hard to hand those reins over to a stranger for 6 hours. Maybe I just need a good long drink and to keep myself busier.

1 comment:

~Zeetra~ said...

How is he liking school?

hope its getting more fun for him.

Alex is loving it, he even has joined the soccer team.

Good Luck

Zeetra

Blog Archive